After selecting, New Discussion:
- In the first text field put the title of the discussion.
- In the next text field, put the first message of the discussion. This will show up only on the discussion's specific page, not the discussion board list.
- If wanted, users can attach a photo, a document, or add emoji's.
- The next text field is the tag field, this allows users to add tags to the discussion topic, which can be filterable on the discussion page.
- Under the Type drop down select normal or sticky. A normal discussion post would be bumped down the list when other discussion posts are made. A sticky discussion post sticks to the top of the discussion board list.
- Next, users can select if they would like email notifications when someone responds to the discussion post.
- Select Post to post the discussion topic.